What is Interior Design?
· Interior design
is the process of creating a safe, functional and aesthetically pleasing design solution within the shell of a built structure. Endorsed by the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and issued by the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) “Interior design includes a scope of services performed by a professional design practitioner, qualified by means of education, experience and examination, to protect and enhance the life, health, safety and welfare of the public.”
Why should I seek the services of an interior designer?
· Interior designers act on behalf of the client to design spaces that coordinate with the work of architects, building designers and contractors to promote safe, functional and aesthetically pleasing spaces.
· Interior designers have experience working with different types of materials and furnishings. They are able to suggest optimum material or furnishing solutions based on aesthetics, maintenance, cost, application and quality.
· Interior designers are trained to coordinate finish materials, furniture and fabrics to achieve a beautiful cohesive space.
What are the professional qualifications of the designers in your office?
· Our designers are qualified interior designers with experience on many types of projects of diverse scale.
· All of our designers hold a bachelors degree from an accredited four year university program in interior design, in addition to professional industry certificates and awards for design excellence.
What interior design services do you provide?
· Full service custom interior design may include: space planning and programming, custom cabinet and casework design, selecting, procuring and installing furnishings, artwork and accessories as well as selecting, documenting and coordinating with suppliers and contractors for the installation of plumbing fixtures, wall and floor materials, lighting, appliances and cabinetry for a new or remodeled space.
How do you charge for full service design?
· We charge at our standard hourly rate or a fixed fee based on the scope of services and size of the project. We can discuss the options and benefits of both at the initial consultation.
What should I expect at the initial consultation for full service design?
· The initial consultation will involve us getting to know you, your needs and your style. Depending on the type of project or whether it is new construction versus existing construction the initial consultation may vary slightly.
· If your project is new construction, we may begin by reviewing the plans with you and discussing your needs, wants, function and flow of the space, the design style and budget parameters.
· If it is existing construction we may begin by walking through the space with you, taking photographs and notes based on your likes and dislikes of the current space and introducing the full service design process.
What type of projects do you do?
· We work on a variety of design projects of varying sizes and requirements including: corporate office, hospitality, residential, healthcare and government. Our projects have encompassed new construction and remodeling projects, as well as historic renovation.
How far are you willing to travel for a project?
· This is really dependant on the project, location, scope, and client’s wishes. We are willing and do often travel out of our area for projects.
· Travel time is charged to the client at half of our standard design rate, plus mileage, flight, and accommodation reimbursements as applicable.
· If you have an out of town or out of state project in mind for which you would like to retain our services please contact us to discuss, toll-free 1-800-536-8063
Where can I see some of your previous work?
· You can find photos of selected projects in the portfolio
section of our website
I have a project on which I’d like your help; how do I get the design process started?
· You can call us to set up the initial consultation toll-free at 1-800-536-8063
· Or you can email a consultation appointment request here
and we will contact you to set up an appointment as soon as possible.
Have other questions?